MADACC is here to assist you when it comes to enforcing your local ordinances as well as helping to create a more humane community.
If you encounter an owner/animal that warrants a visit from MADACC in order to assist them create a more humane environment for animals, please fill out this ONLINE REFERRAL FORM. Situations like this would be where an animal is kept in poor conditions, but the situation is not criminal – more based on ignorance and lack of education and resources to properly care of an animal. This form can be used instead of a citation.
MADACC will follow up with the owner and report back to you if the situation is resolved or if you need to follow up with a citation or charges.
Should you encounter a situation where it is in the best interest of the animal to be surrendered by the owner, please use this form:
If someone arrives at a police station or flags down an officer to surrender an animal this form MUST be filled out. Or the animal will be held as a stray instead of being made available for adoption.
If you pick up an animal that you feel warrants charges for cruelty, neglect, or other abuse, please follow the steps below:
1. Law enforcement is encouraged to fill out this form while investigating at the scene: Animal Supp. PO-15AA
2. Seize the animal. Contact MADACC at (414) 649-8640 or use MADACC’s after-hours emergency number (414) 510-9865 for us to pick up the animal from the scene.
3. Fill out this form COMPLETELY, ACCURATELY and with as much information you can. It is important to ask for a medical exam, photos, necropsy, or any other assistance MADACC can provide on that sheet when the animal is given to one of our Animal Control Officers. Be sure to provide your contact info including cell, email address and shift in order for MADACC to contact you.
4. Contact the MADACC veterinarian, Dr. Gutting, either by phone or email to notify her that you have seized animals that you need an exam, etc. by the next business day at the latest. She can be reached via the MADACC front office at (414) 649-8640 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the date the animal was seized, the type of animal, and tell her what needs to be done for your investigation.
5. Prepare the Animal Supp. PO-15AA form per M.P.D. procedure to be submitted along with other evidence to District Attorney’s office.