Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to MADACC to volunteer. Occasionally, we have special projects that arise in which we need extra hands to help.
We usually enlist groups to help with tasks such as:
- Helping with small building projects
- General full cleaning of the lobby and public areas
- Stuffing packets
- Sorting animal toys and food
- Staffing educational booths, fundraising events, or adoption events (on-site and off)
These projects do not include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, nor are they always available, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need. We will when available, allow groups to meet with and take photos with adoptable animals.
Due to limited space on-site and limited need in these areas, we cannot always accommodate groups of volunteers at MADACC, but you can help in other ways such as:
- Host your own fundraiser or charity drive (you can find our wishlist HERE or contact us for ideas)
- Build make no-sew blankets or cat trees to donate
- Make animal enrichment toys and treats
We’re always happy to give your group a tour when you come to drop off your work or before you begin!
Please note: Volunteers who help us with animal care go through extensive training and make monthly commitments to a volunteer position. If you are interested in helping in this way, please read more about volunteering at the MADACC by clicking HERE.
If your group is interested in volunteering with MADACC:
- We request your group consists of at least five people with a maximum of 10.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and able to sign a waiver.
- Please commit to volunteering at least two hours considering the time and effort it takes to coordinate a group activity.
- Most, if not all volunteer work is done outside, rain or shine.
- We request you make arrangements at least four weeks in advance of the date you are requesting.
- Group donations are appreciated and are often part of most corporate volunteering requests. We ask for donations of $50 – $500 for groups that would like to volunteer for two-hours or less. For groups wanting to donate 3-5 hours, we ask for a $500 – $1,000 donation and for groups doing a full day or multiple days we ask for a minimum of $1,000. Special arrangements can be made and in-kind donations can be used in lieu of cash donations.
Scheduling your group
To arrange for your group to volunteer at MADACC you can complete our REQUEST FORM here.
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn’t do our work without you!